For fall 2015, Bethel College has the best enrollment numbers it’s seen since 2011.
Bethel’s overall enrollment went from 481 at this time last year to 525, representing an increase of 8 percent.
The class of 2019 includes 11 valedictorians, with 22 percent of freshmen coming from the top 10 percent of their high school graduating class and 42 percent from the top quarter.
Other characteristics of Bethel’s fall 2015 student body:
- First-time freshmen come from 14 states (Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas and Washington) in addition to Kansas, with two new international students, from Canada and Jamaica.
- First-time freshmen represent 37 different Kansas high schools.
- 29 first-time freshmen are legacy students, meaning a parent, grandparent or sibling has previously attended Bethel.
- First-time freshmen number 130 and transfers 76. Transfer students come from 11 states.
- There are two additional students from Germany, from the Bergische Universität in Wuppertal, as part of the exchange program that has been in place since 1951.