The following alumni have agreed to serve on the Bethel College Alumni Association Council from 2008-2011. Their selection is to be affirmed at the association’s brief business meeting that is part of the Alumni Banquet in May.
- Tonya (Keim) Bartel ’01, Hesston, currently works as a home visitor with Parents As Teachers of Marion County but will be a middle school Language Arts teacher in Goessel USD 411 this fall.
- Karen Ross Epp ’68, Newton, is the author of "With Love Stan: A Soldier’s Letters from Vietnam to the World" and a retired secondary school educator.
- Felice (Voth) Goering ’59, Moundridge, is retired.
- Linda (Kauffman) Goering ’96, Moundridge, is a social worker with Hospice of Reno County.
- Don Kingsley ’90, North Newton, is a sales representative for Berry Material Handling, Wichita. He is serving a second term.
- Rick Krehbiel ’72, Moundridge, is managing director of Mid-Kansas Credit Union. He is serving a second term.
- Kevin Neufeld ’94, North Newton, is owner of Neufeld Yard Service.
- Morrie Scheffler ’97, Valley Center, is nurse manager with Hawker Beechcraft Corporation, Wichita.
Members serve three-year terms. Some fill vacancies on the current council. If interested in joining the council, contact Dave Linscheid, director of alumni relations, (316) 284-5252, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alumni Banquet is Saturday, May 24, at 6 p.m. in Memorial Hall. It will honor reunion classes, the graduating class of 2008 and recipients of this year’s alumni awards: Claudia Limbert ’78, Duane Goossen ’78 and Arlene (Peters) Hett ’69. The banquet will also feature historic and fun Bethel songs (and perhaps some cheers) performed by a group of alumni vocalists, plus an enjoyable look at Bethel pranks throughout the years.
Discount price is $16 per person if paying by May 9, $18 May 10-14. To make a reservation, visit or phone Thresher Bookstore in Schultz Student Center at (316) 284-5205. Payment or credit card information is required when the reservation is made.